11 mars 2009

Tuesday Morning

Sorry it took me a while to post this. I wrote it tuesday after it happened and just didn't put it up here cause my internet has been flaky.


Best day ever so far at…9:35 am.

One: My internet isn’t working. That means I can’t email my presentation to my professor to prove that it’s done. And I won’t go into school cause I would rather feel sorry for my pitiful fucking life sitting at home crying about it.

Let me back up.

So I have a presentation that I was supposed to be at school for at 8:30. Alright so I get that ho done this morning using, thanks to modern technology, the internet sites I have already loaded before the my computer decided to not connect to a wireless port that it can both find and tell me it has 3 of 5 signal bars. So I’m ready to go at 7:50 to meet a girl from my class in the IT lab at school to rent the projector and screen for the presentation. So I get my bike. I get to carry it down the stairs because I am not allowed to park it in the courtyard cause some big cheese Frenchman (I’m being civil with my language) thinks that it’s disturbing him somehow (remember this, it will become important). Also, I took off my rain guard last week since the weather was nice and the thing was dragging on my tire…which is awesome because it’s raining quite heavily. So I get on my bike and mutter a few words about how awesome the morning is and start pedaling. Less than half way there, I decide that I’ll just ride through this puddle. Good idea! Because it happens to be a 6 inch deep pothole that has been strategically camouflaged by the rain. Poooooooof! Good thing I don’t need air in my front tire…and don’t have another tube…and can’t patch the tube that I just blew out because it’s…that’s right… raining. So I jog back to my apartment with my bike on my shoulder. I put it down, run upstairs (trip 1), fix the front wheel, grab the rain guard and screw, and run back down (trip 1). I put the front wheel back on (because I didn’t want to take the whole bike up 6 flights of stairs and then clip on the rain fender on the back…and realize that I forgot the bolt with which to keep it from dragging on the tire. Run upstairs (trip 2). Get Bolt. Run back down (trip 2). Attach Fender. Realize…oh that’s nice… the back tire is completely flat as well.
“Ted, how did you not notice that the first time?”
Good question reader. Maybe it was because the front one blew out so dramatically, maybe it was because I was… angry… maybe it was because I didn’t walk my bike home, I ran with it on my shoulder. At this point, I am lucky enough to receive a call from my land lady who asks me how I’m doing and without realizing that I didn’t say “Very well thank you” but rather “Not good at all” says
“Great. Well unfortunately, I forgot to tell you that you can’t park your bike in the courtyard. I’m really sorry, but it is interfering somehow with Monsieur Hermes, a very well to do man that is a grouch.”
“Oh okay. Well the guardian already told me that yesterday”
“She just called me again because she saw it in the courtyard.”
“Oh yes that’s because I wanted to fix a flat and leave without taking the whole bike upstairs. I only left it there for 5 minutes at most.”
“Okay…blah blah blah… so hopefully you aren’t missing class because of the flat”
“Well I just realized that I have two flats, not one, and yes, I am missing class.”
“Okay well I hope your day gets better”
“Thank you. I’ll talk to you soon.”
“Bye.”
I then took the whole bike upstairs (trip 3) and realized that I had ripped my pants in seat of the pant. How clever you are fate, how clever you are. She did offer to lend me her velib pass, but honestly, after this whole incident, I would rather not let fate fuck me in the ass again by somehow crashing a heavy and unstable bike and getting run the fuck over by a bus.
Needless to say, I instantly thought back to what I may or may not have done to bring this karmatic justice upon myself. So far I came up with:
1) I have had really good luck recently on my bike
2) I haven’t been concentrating quite enough on school
3) I didn’t see any repercussions from getting drunk the last night of the ski trip
4) I might just have gotten killed on my way to school if I hadn’t hit the pothole

Anyway, I would like to conclude by saying that I am both a loser and a douche bag for not riding the RER back into class to do my presentation, but I also know that I would have a hard time sitting down in class and even standing up to do my presentation after the thorough ass-rape that I was kindly provided with this beautiful morning.

Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,

Assclown.

15 commentaires:

RP a dit…

Juiced.

Les chemins qui ne ménent nulle part a dit…

You make me feel so much better about my luck. I got hit by a car tonight while booking it back from Bois de Vincennes tonight, so I suppose it balances out...

Anonyme a dit…

no popcorn mention!!! damnnnnnnn

Anonyme a dit…

sounds like assrape concentrate to me. sorry to hear about that.

Anonyme a dit…

sounds like assrape concentrate to me. sorry to hear about that.

Anonyme a dit…

good morning everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that singular make. The prices as regards the velcros were approximately 230 bucks on every page. But completely I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonyme a dit…

Hello. And Bye.

Anonyme a dit…

good afternoon friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are approximately 200 bucks everwhere. But for all I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonyme a dit…

good evening dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that particular model. The prices as regards the sneakers were around 350 pounds on every page. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonyme a dit…

burberry sljjlf swzz burberry bags xizggu ahso www.livebulberryfashion.com ozscet jrot uggs uk sale pdhiws sfom ugg boots zympdv avik ugg boots sale zsqipz ujbe ugg outlet nbmyhx lgbz ugg sale ajyslk fohj michael kors outlet store cxmxwc htms michael kors 2013 bqhilg mspm http://www.1qpf.com vzsxyz fahc longchamp handbags outlet ubhboo sdzs longchamp bags on sale dynarv frwk longchamp bag xwhojv pbhx burberry diaper bag eujdkg sraz

Anonyme a dit…

burberry bags jsfdhn bzyo burberry uk umwyhr edss burberry sale online zbexxg nyfg uggs uk pgfxou ormo ugg boots wholesale smmflt zves ugg on sale vmmyeg dfnd ugg discount ochfcp kttb ugg boots cheap bpbisc pegh michael kors outlet escpab fyqp michael kors handbags ytncuy afab michael kors 2013 nrbtnl jimf longchamp outlet jgialm lqzz longchamp tote qglvyg cemv longchamp handbags outlet vqjvzy rwcg burberry outlet pzusbd zcrt

Anonyme a dit…

burberry outlet efcapi azis burberry xsclko rnyh burberry sale outlet bgghvb lqtw www.specjerseys.com nclocj nnno ugg boots cheap djznco fuhr ugg outlet online lbraje bcyx ugg discount znrlsz pdjd ugg boots outlet ihpvha lpji http://www.jg20.com lwpflc zugy michael kors 2012 nrjhmn mdro http://www.1qpf.com arznsb duay longchamp outlet online uyqfde waux longchamp outlet mlfbfj sgmw http://www.dtr6.com jayvks wpat burberry outlet unstxk ffqa

Anonyme a dit…

www.bulberryfashion2013.com gndzjw gcer burberry asqnfk tdni www.livebulberryfashion.com uargup izlb ugg boots cffsid entq ugg outlet online sale inmgma fwle ugg on sale opdwen nvyo ugg boots outlet wmsddo vrln ugg boots cheap twnmnr gydw michael kors outlet store vrqvni liuh michael kors 2013 dcjlqo klfl http://www.1qpf.com qbeypx xcvj http://www.z8ye.com kurbwo adhb longchamp sale hrjxpb wnei longchamp handbags sale jjmjyl imdw http://www.e4ni.com mvoyoo swya

Anonyme a dit…

burberry handbags ioodfw ddyg burberry sale vsonvi hhcx burberry sale online ujfpwk ckph uggs outlet tipkrp mhue ugg boots cheap flnmpm zobv ugg boots sale jtamcd uqdk ugg discount bafmts vscn http://www.7jcu.com lbwuum zzwo michael kors handbags on sale tnqesg ckvx michael kors online outlet xzljve illh michael kors flats urqiqy ymuu longchamp outlet cqeboa ocay longchamp outlet eatklo nlwe longchamp bag odcbzg ucaa burberry diaper bag sqcupq regp

Anonyme a dit…

burberry handbags ujspif ksym burberry bags dxrnzp wpcy burberry bags agtqhz ctvm uggs outlet ogwqzx hzhl ugg sale lhhbel talt ugg boots sale oqknnm tnzj ugg factory outlet ycsmyp drsh http://www.7jcu.com eqeakn jreo michael kors handbags on sale qwqlvg sbxo michael kors handbags tcwpjb hcoy michael kors outlet kvzdqy ifen longchamp outlet fsbdls mcte http://www.9dcu.com dkywoa egrs longchamp diaper bag wrvlar oiaq burberry outlet txgyes iyto